Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

I've lost a year.......what ever happened to 2013 ?

I'm a very bad food blogger. Whip me, beat me and call me Lazy Daisy.

A small flurry of posts on the sister FB page had reminded me that The Speakeasy existed, and I am ashamed to note that it's been over 12 months since I posted any recipes.

I gave up food writing and reviewing restaurants when my real job simply did not allow me time to cook or be a wordsmith anymore. Even the lure of complimentary food no longer cuts the mustard. My last work with Cotswold Style was presenting at the Cheltenham Food Festival last Summer - good fun - and done for love not money.

My creative side needs to be nurtured though, that book won't write itself - my Sister in Law and I keep promising to write a book about her Pro-Chef days working with the coolest music bands in the UK, TV catering and the F2 circuit; feeding Factory 51, the big Festivals, touring with Primal Scream, cast dining for Dr.Who, roulades for racing drivers.

I will keep my hand in and commit to posting once a month...feel free to nag me if I neglect to do so.

Mrs Nightingale.

No comments:

Post a Comment